Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Western Fictioneers Presents: Peacemaker Tales



As you're probably aware, we've been releasing mini-anthologies of short stories nominated for Western Fictioneers' Peacemaker Awards, with three such volumes available. We actually have a couple of related announcements on the subject today...


First off, all five 2012 Peacemaker finalists -including the winner, Wayne Dundee's "Adeline" -are available for 99 cents in THE PEACEMAKERS VOLUME 4. That's about 30,000 words of quality fiction, a steal for under a buck. 





Of course, you might prefer to get those stories in a different format. All four of those Peacemaker mini-anthologies are also available in one big volume, called PEACEMAKER TALES. This one has (with the exception of one story whose rights are currently unavailable) every single story nominated for a Peacemaker Award in the first three years of WF's existence. That's almost four hundred pages of great stories, some of which are surely destined to be considered classics. It is available in both ebook and paperback form. The paperback version would make a perfect Christmas gift for anyone on your list, including yourself.

Both books are available at amazon and smashwords (through which it will be available for most other platforms, including B&N, soon.)



PEACEMAKER TALES: Amazon     Smashwords     Createspace (coming very soon)

Peacemakers Vol. 4: Amazon   Smashwords

5 comments:

  1. Troy, can you see the big ol' smile on my face? THANK YOU for putting these together! I will try to get over to FB again this afternoon and plaster this all over! These look great.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Western Fictioneers anthology I just finished so I reckon I'll just have to mosey on over to Amazon and pick up the Peacemaker Tales too.

    Dang, the longer this comment gets, the more western I get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've sold it to me, Troy. It has to be a physical book to put on the shelf - after I have read every tale.

    I have to say that I love the short story and read it in all genres. I sincerely believe that the western genre is producing some truly great short story writing. For me, a short story has to have a plot and a 'story' that I can get drawn into. A lot of literary fiction does not do this, whereas the western does.

    I am looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to have these anthologies available. Love the short story. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just zipped over and bought the book - looking forward to reading all of the stories (and hope to have something of my own in there someday!)

    Thanks for a good read.

    ReplyDelete